- - Joseph Conrad and the Imperial Romance by Linda Dryden - In her treatise Dryden maintains that Joseph Conrad's early Malay fiction reflects his seafaring experiences in the East and expresses his misgivings about the assumptions of "white superiority," of imperial power and of the possibilities for romantic heroism....
- - Collector's Corner by Steve Slade - The art of collecting Joseph Conrad.
- - Lodz Conference - Lodz, Poland, 26-29 September 1999. The theme of the conference is British and Commonwealth contributions to world civilization at the local and global levels.
- - Joseph Conrad and Britain's Dream of Empire by Carl A. Trocki - Conrad was one of the first popular writers to pierce the fog of propaganda that had grown up around the British Empire. . . . I began to question the significance of the name Patna as the pilgrim ship in Lord Jim. . . . I began to wonder whether Conrad had intended some sort of symbolic link between opium and the Patna.
- - Conrad and the Polish Poets
- - Call for papers -- Lord Jim
- - Conrad in Academe